Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I *like* peas

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Welcome to the Terrordome)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 90 09:53:47 -0500
Subject: Re: I *like* peas
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <NESSUS.90Jan23125723@gaffa.athena.mit.edu> nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Douglas Alan) writes:
>I don't know what this is with most people not liking the name
>Beautiful Pea Green Boat.  Don't any of you remember the wonderful
>poem, "The Owl and the Pussy Cat"?
>
>     The Owl and the Pussy Cat went to sea
>     in a beautiful pea green boat.
>     They brought some honey, and plenty of money
>     wrapped in a ten pound note.

I actually like the name Beautiful Pea Green Boat and I do consider
them to be a band capable of total excellence at times.  By no means
is "Still Life" a perfect album, but it's damn amazing in spots.

And, |>oug, I had never heard that poem before you posted it.  But
thanks for doing so!  I would've never realized where the band got its
name from otherwise...  Anybody have the complete text?

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |