Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

All right, all right -- it's an MTV stunt

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 90 16:47:20 PST
Subject: All right, all right -- it's an MTV stunt

I have changed my mind.  The pirate thing is an MTV stunt.  However,
I can't understand them at all.  To me it seems obvious that the
publicity they gain by this technique in no way compensates for
the animosity they cause by cutting into videos.  After all, every
video they show is *somebody's* favorite, and that somebody will
not be inclined to watch the new show if his favorite video was just
ruined by a commercial!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov