Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Pirate TV" on MTV

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Walter "Dateline: The Copa" Monheit (TM))
Date: 21 Jan 90 15:41:04 GMT
Subject: Re: "Pirate TV" on MTV
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

Not to beat the point much more, but just sort of wanting to slam the
final nail into the coffin on this MTV "Pirate TV" stunt:

I just saw another interruption and this time the pirates were talking
Russian while Spanish subtitles flashed on the screen - The subtitles
were displayed in the same font that MTV uses for almost all of their
clips, captions, etc (not the one at the bottom left of the screen at
the start/end of videos, though).  I think we can safely ignore this
now forever and ever.

Although, you sort of have to admire whoever thought the gimmick up -
after all, it's got us all talking about MTV right?  And how many of
you now have a sort of curiosity to tune in and maybe catch another
pirate TV break in?

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |