Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: csccat!larry@texbell.swbt.com (Larry Spence)
Date: 19 Jan 90 13:20:53 CST (Fri)

Did anyone else see the interruption of the "Love and Anger" video
at 11:25 PM CDT Thursday night on MTV?  Kate was standing in front of
the line of dancers, and suddenly a big skull and crossbones with the
caption "PIRATE TV" appeared instead.  There was maniacal laughter for
about five seconds, then it reverted to the LaA video.  I am not
kidding!

Was this:

  1) A cheap MTV stunt?  If so, I would think Kate would be
     pissed at her video being "violated" like this.

  2) A genuine pirate (intercepted satellite link, microwave
     link, etc.)?

Just curious...

Larry Spence
larry@csccat