Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK. (This is likely to be long.)

From: raybed2!cg-atla!dsmith@cg-atla.agfa.com (Dave Smith)
Date: 18 Jan 90 18:05:05 GMT
Subject: Re: MisK. (This is likely to be long.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9001172335.AA12830@das.llnl.gov> ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward Suranyi) writes:

>There's still no review in _Rolling Stone_!

The fact that this album has been released for more than 3 months,
(with a fair amount of publicity preceding it) and _Rolling Stone_
still hasn't mentioned it (ok, there was a brief mention in "Random
Notes", and the article in the most recent issue) is terribly
embarassing for the publication.

I would almost hope that they would just NOT publish an update.

This is sort of puts the final nail in the coffin of _Rolling Stone_
being in step with the current music scene.  (of course, many will
argue that they've been out of step since the early 80's).

But hey, maybe they'll publish another fashion issue or two instead of
a KT review.

Anyone else want to see another layout of Jody Watley wearing the
latest from Calvin Klein?  How about Madonna's navel?