Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New female releases

From: woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 90 20:24:14 EST
Subject: New female releases

Got a few new releases down at the station today:

1) Sinead O'Conner's new single "Nothing Compares 2 U" - a cover of a Prince
song apparantly - with a rougher mix (I think) of "Jump in the River" and
an instrumental of it on the b-side. The song is mellow, almost showy.

2) Ofra Haza's second LP, _Desert_Wind_. More of the same Middle Eastern
flavored technodance. Real energetic and moving.

3) Anna Domino's new five song EP called _Coloring_in_the_Edge_and_the_outline.
I don't know much about her, but the record is soft pop. Also very nice.

An accompanying bio informs us that a new record is in the works, involving
the talents of Suzanne Vega's keyboardist Anton Salko (? for the last name).

4) Isabella Antena's _en_cavale_. I know absolutely nothing about her, but
the flavor of this record is similar to Anna Domino's.a

If anyone knows a bit about the last two, please inform me and the list.

Thanks.

woj