Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Peter Gabriel's BIRDY on CD?

From: claris!wombat@decwrl.dec.com (Scott Lindsey)
Date: 16 Jan 90 20:53:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Peter Gabriel's BIRDY on CD?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: claris!wombat@decwrl.dec.com
Subversive: FCI

In article <9001142245.AA14386@inmet.inmet.com> wayne@inmet.UUCP (Wayne Wylupski) writes:

> When Peter Gabriel's soundtrack to BIRDY was released, it
> was released on both album and CD.  Now that I have a CD
> player, I tried looking for it on CD.  Guess what!  It is
> out of print on CD.  Yet it exists on vinyl -- I don't get
> it.
I thought that it was originally released on vinyl, and that the CD release
came later...

> Anyway, does anyone know of any reputable or semi-reputable
> places that would carry this perhaps as a cut-out or as
> a used CD?  I'm in the Boston area, but I would be willing
> to pay the mailing costs to get my hands on it.

As I recall, _Birdy_ was only available on CD as an import to the U.S.
You'd probably do better to solicit stores that carry a wide range of imports.
One of them might even be able to order it if they don't have it, but expect
to pay $20+ for it.

Scott Lindsey     | I dig iguana in their outer space duds
Claris Corp.      |    saying, "Aren't you glad we only eat bugs?"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.