Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

BooTlegs and nonesuch...

From: woj%paladin@uunet.UU.NET (woj)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 90 00:05:35 EST
Subject: BooTlegs and nonesuch...

IED: you should add the _Live_in_Bristol_ 2-LP set to your list of boots.
Sound quality is listenable mono, but faint. It can be improved with an
equalizer for cassette dubs. The nice thing about the package is just
that: it comes in a foldout record sleeve with two pix on the folds:
one being KaTe in the dress from the "Wuthering Heights" video and the
other is KaTe in the armor/bikini getup that appears on the so-called
Lionheart Tour poster available in America. The back cover has a close
up portrait, where KaTe, wearing a pinkish pullover blouse, looks mildly
stoned. Inside, a folder flap holds the two records with a pair of KaTes
in leather jacket, black tights and silver high heels flanking the sides
(same picture, just printed backwards).

Also, just a comment on the _Bird_in_the_Hand_ boot: you rate the sound
as poor stereo. My copy is quite listenable and I prefer it muchly to
the _Live_in_Bristol_ sound. Rates a B as far as I'm concerned.

One last question, in _The_Garden_, you list the 12" of "The Big Sky" to
have "The Morning Fog" and "Not This Time" as the b-sides. On the 12"
that I own, the "special single mix" of "The Big Sky" replaces "The Morn-
ing Fog." Was this an oversight on your part, or was just the American
12" printed with these songs instead?

woj
"With a kiss, I pass the key		UUCP: {uunet,scifi}!paladin!woj
 Feel your tongue, 			INET: woj@paladin.uu.net
 teasing and receiving."		ARPA: woj%paladin@uunet.uu.net