Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Okay, so who's this Zaine Griff guy?

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 90 00:46:45 -0700
Subject: Okay, so who's this Zaine Griff guy?

Can anyone fill me in on who he is and what he's done over the years?  I
picked up a copy of his album 'Figures' (WG, 1982) when I noticed that
Kate was credited as a musician on the back cover, and sure enough, her
background vox are present all through the album.  I'm not sure if she
plays an actual instrument, because who plays what (and indeed, what is
played at all) isn't listed on the album.

The music is interesting early-80s dancepop, in a Gary Numan-esque sort of
mode.  Among the other musicians on the album are Hans Zimmer (of Rain Man
soundtrack and assorted Eurodisco fame), Linda Jardim, Andy Clark, and
Yukihiro Takahashi (from YMO).

Comments?

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"No!  Dan!  Turn the music back UP!  Oh, son of a BIIIITCH!!!"