Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 90 13:30:45 PST

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Dirty Linen article (Discography)
Date: 8 Jan 90 21:30:45 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Re the posting about the Kate article in Dirty Linen, could someone (Ed?)
>post the discography mentioned in the article.  I am interested in the
>quest appearances and 3(?) videocassetes mentioned.  This information would
>prove valuable to a Kateaholic such as myself.  Also what is On Stage?
>Thank you in advance.
>
>T Atwell

All right, here's the discography.  My comments are in square brackets: []

Kate Bush:  An Extremely Selective Discography

_The Kick Inside_    EMI 46012 (1978)  [By EMI he means EMI-America.]
_Lionheart_          EMI 46065 (1978)
_On Stage_           Harvest 4LP-3005, UK (1979)  [This is a four-song EP
      taken from the Tour of Life -- I'm not sure which show, though
      probably Hammersmith.  The British version is actually two
      seven-inch records, while the French version on the Sonopresse
      label is one twelve-inch record.]
_Never for Ever_     EMI 46360 (1980)  [Actually, both this album and
      _Lionheart_ were released in the United States in 1983 or 84,
      despite the copyright dates.  Before then, these two albums were
      available only through import.]
_The Dreaming_       EMI 46361 (1982) [This album was released in the US
      in 1984.]
_Hounds of Love_     EMI 46164 (1985)
_The Whole Story_    EMI 17242 (1986)
_The Sensual World_  Columbia OC44164 (1989)

[This list is missing the B-sides and other non-LP tracks that we've come
to love.]

Guest Appearances:

Roy Harper:  _The Unknown Soldier_, Harvest, UK (1980) [On the song
      "You (The Game, Part II)".]
Peter Gabriel:  _So_, Geffen (1986)  [Dueting on "Don't Give Up".]
Big Country:  _The Seer_, Polygram (1986) [On the title track.]
Midge Ure:  _Answers to Nothing_, Chrysalis (1988)  [Dueting on
      "Sister And Brother".]
[There are lots of others; IED once posted a list of about twenty.  To
my mind the most important of her guest appearances that were not
mentioned in this discography was on "Games Without Frontiers," from
Peter Gabriel's third album ("melting face").]

Video Cassettes:

_Kate Bush: Live at Hammersmith Odeon_, Thorn EMI. [The American version
      of this is getting hard to find, as I believe it's now out of print.
      The British version uses the wrong system for American TVs and VCRs,
      so to get a useful one you probably have to get the Japanese
      import.]

_The Single File_, EMI, UK. [There was never an American version of this.
      Again, you need the Japanese version to work with American video
      equipment.]

_The Whole Story_, Sony. [This is still fairly widely available here.]

[He didn't list _Hair of the Hound_, but all four videos on this are
also on _The Whole Story_.]

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov