Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love And Anger

From: woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 90 12:45:24 EST
Subject: Re: Love And Anger

Jon Drukman will no doubt deny writing:
>>Now, the other two are more or less horrible and even Madonna's no
>>Kate when it comes to songwriting department, but I think she deserves
>>a bit better of an adjective than "repulsive". I even sort of like her
>>last album.

> Gee, a better adjective than "repulsive" huh?  How about "hellspawn"?
> How about "sludgy"?  How about "unbelievably appalling"?  I dunno, I
> guess in terms of obnoxiousness there are far more stunning examples
> of No Redeeming Social Value, but Madonna is just covered in slime...
> Everything she touches turns to shit.

While I agree with you regarding the questionable social value, she does
have a few decent songs. The only though that springs to mind is "Tale to
Tell" that is just plain eerie. _Like_A_Virgin_ and the latest album, though,
are trash imho.

>>I haven't the foggiest idea, however, where you got the notion that
>>she can dance. She can writhe much as I do when I wake up feeling
>>particularly uninspired to face the world, and do it on many surfaces
>>such as concrete or astroturf, but she can't *dance*.
>
> Well, then she's a good twitcher or writher.  I find it eye pleasing.
> Even more so than the Kate Hammersmith Odeon show...  (Ooh, I can hear
> the flame guns warming up already...)

WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

woj