Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Another Recommendation

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (Irving's Pants and Alterations)
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 90 10:41:37 PST
Subject: Re: Another Recommendation
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

In article <8912282036.AA05304@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman) writes:

>Those interested in Kate and Cocteau Twins and Propaganda and other
>synth heavy/female vocal combinations may be interested in a British
>duo known as Beautiful Pea Green Boat.  They have a few albums and now
>a CD available domestically in America on C'est La Mort records.
>(It's called "Still Life").

Thanks for the note, Jon.  Especially since I'm an avid Cocteau
Twins fan.  I even bought Ian McCullock's latest solo album
(singer for Echo and the Bunneymen) just because Elizabeth
Fraser sings with him on one of the songs ("Candleland").

Speaking of other female vocalists, I heard a very pretty
Sinead O'Conner song on KITS last nite.  It wasn't on her album
(Lion and Cobra), nor was it "Still Listening" or "Jump in
the River".  It was _something different_, and Very
nice.  I think the d.j. said it was from a movie, but I can't
remember the movie's name.  Perhaps a one-word title, beginning
with a "C"???

Any leads on this one greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracy,
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com

P.S. You have to be nice to me because I turn 30 this week.
--
"I have the thought, the feeling, the desire to be closer
 together, you 'n me.  To talk to you, know you, be more with