Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe on MTV's News at Night

From: woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 90 12:52:37 EST
Subject: KaTe on MTV's News at Night

While accidentially flipping through the channels just a few minutes ago,
I caught MTV's other-news-guy saying, "Up next, we'll take a peek into the
magical world of KaTe Bush" (paraphrased of course). I quickly ran up stairs
to find a tape for the VCR, came back down and found that it was wound to the
middle of VH-1's Sensual World Special, so had to set it up first, thereby
missing the first few seconds of the clip. After that, it wouldn't record
so I missed it anyways.

Still, I'll try to paraphrase what she said.

On touring: she said that the Tour of Life left her feeling very "vulnerable,"
and that this was at the heart of why she hasn't toured since then. Also
wrapped up in that was a bit about how she wanted to be taken seriously as
an artist, which was also related to the touring (or lack thereof). They
talked a little bit about her videos and the lengthy delay between albums
(of course, they neglected to realize that her first three were within a year
or two of each other). I can't remember much more...not that there was.

Oh, the thing that I thought funny was when the announcer said that he saw
a yellow and green arua around KaTe throughout the interview. Right after that
little tidbit of info, they cut back to the interview with some strange
special effects to hear her talk about music and its magic.

I really wonder about these guys sometimes.

I'm not sure whether this News at Night was a repeat of last night's or an
early edition of tonight's. In any event, I don't know when tonight's edition
is anyways since I am not a watcher of MTV. If somebody would inform us of
when it is on, that would be appreciated.

I suspect that the noon edition is to be repeated tonight caue otherwise,
Ed would've told us all about it and have copies for all of us by tomorrow,
along with the transcript! ;)

woj