Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Curiosity Killed the Cat: Julian, Ben, Migi, and Nick.

Julian:  This is one of my favorite tracks on the album.

Ben:  And that's coming from a Kate Bush authority.  Actually, this
      reminds me a lot of that song where she lies in bed. . . "Man
      With The Child In His Eyes". [?]  It's got that same sort of feel,
      the way it sounds like she's just about to cry.  That's an art.
      Emotional.

Julian:  I hope she has a hit with it -- that's my favourite record of the
	 lot.  Yeah, Katie gets my vote because she's coming from
	 somewhere else.

Migi:  I don't think it's the sort of thing you can judge on one listen.
       You'd have to listen to that one by yourself.

There's a picture of CKtC, with the members holding in various ways all
the singles they're reviewing.  "This Woman's Work" is taped to Julian's
chest.

4)  Due to lack of funds Andrew Marvick has been forced to sell some
of his Kate collection.  His ad appears in the current _Goldmine_
(Dec. 29), on page 115.  Do him a favor and buy something.

5)  The new playlist for KITS is out.  "The Sensual World" is down from
#1 to #6 (nothing lasts forever), and "Love And Anger" is up from #21
to #13.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | Caption:  "Kate Bush goes from cult fave to
Dept. of Applied Science   |        chart rave."  -- _Billboard_
UC Davis/Livermore         |   (In "Was It A Hit Or A Miss" in the 1985
ed@das.llnl.gov            |          year-end special issue.)