Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Rocket's_Tail_ video; Singles; Promotion

From: Mark Anderson <manderso@undergrad.cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 15 Dec 89 23:01 -0800
Subject: _Rocket's_Tail_ video; Singles; Promotion

Tippi Chai <martinn@csri.toronto.edu> writes:
> [_Rocket's Tail_ is played against images of fireworks]

I also saw this mini-profile on YTV Rocks, and was wondering if the
firework imagery shown here is actually part of an official video
for _Rocket's_Tail_, or whether it was just some footage put together
by the record company or YTV.  Does anyone know whether there's a
video in the making for this track, or indeed whether there are any
plans to release it as a single?

Speaking of singles, when the single for _TSW_ was released domestically
(here in Canada, that is) as a 7" and cassette, I rushed out and bought
the 7", since the album hadn't been released yet and I was dying to hear
*anything* from it!  Besides, I'd never seen a Kate Bush single of any kind
before, ever!

Today I was downtown and found (to my amazement) a surfeit of imported
singles from _TSW_: the CD and 12" singles of _The_Sensual_World_ and
_This_Woman's_Work_; the latter was also available on 12" as a "special
edition" w/poster sleeve.  And they even had the "Babooshka" tour poster
on display!  Now I have to revise my Xmas wish-list! :-)

Meanwhile, _TSW_ is getting some airplay on commercial FM, MuchMusic
is playing both the _TSW_ and _L&A_ vidoes, and the album is #3 at A&A.
The album seems to be getting a fair amount of promotion from Capitol.
There are big posters up in both A&A Records and A&B Sound, and that
YTV Rocks contest sounds like a promotion to me.  Didn't someone say
that the album is getting very little promotion in the States?
--
Mark