Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's #1 again!

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 89 10:31:19 PST
Subject: Kate's #1 again!

Last night, the video for L&A was #1 for at least the second week in
a row on MTV's Post-Modern show.

I would like to reply to Jon Drukman's commments about discussion of
Kate's music vs. general information.  I am interested in both, and
would like to see both continue, everybody posting what they feel
most comfortable with.  I have very little formal musical training,
so any comments I make about Kate's music are likely to be
superficial.  All I can say is that I like her music a lot; she
is my favorite living musical artist.

However, people have written to me that they like my informational
postings, so they will continue.  Anyone not interested can simply
skip to the next posting.

I should say that the MAIN reason I started reading Love-Hounds is
for the information.  I don't know what your history of Kate fandom
is, Mr. Drukman, but there have been many years when I knew not a single
other Kate fan, and did not know of a source of information.  I saw
the movie _She's Having A Baby_ reluctantly, and practically went
into shock when "This Woman's Work" came on -- I had no idea Kate
had a song for this, or in fact any, movie!

So when I discovered rec.music.gaffa, I was overjoyed.  At last, I thought,
I would be able to get some concrete news about the new album --
I had heard only vague rumors and months-old news until then.

Z[?1;2c