Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

>      Woj's "analysis" of the new record is too inept to merit
> reply. IED used to argue tirelessly with people foolish enough to
> embarrass themselves by criticizing Kate's work. Alas, he has not

Does anybody remember an interview with Kate where she says she
absolutely cringes at some of here old work?  She went on to say
that any artist should criticize their work because an artist has
to keep improving.  Something to that effect.

Now, if this is true then we can assume Kate tries to improve on her
work with each outing.  If this is true then the previous outing can't
be perfect.  And if it can't be perfect then Mr. Marvick is disagreeing
with Kate.  And if that is the case then he can't be a _true_ Kate Bush
fan, because by his own example a _true_ Kate fan can't find flaw with
her work.  But not only has he found flaw with her work, he disagrees
with her about it.  Sounds like blasphemy to me.

> nay-sayers who plague this group would go do it someplace else. There
> are other music discussion groups where people as encloaked in ignorance
> as yourselves dither happily without cease. Can you find it in your
> heart to let go of your feelings _there_, rather than here?

Because we know this is his newsgroup, isn't it.  I hate opinions too.
If only we were all mindless, grovelling, slobbering groupies like...
well, never mind.

>  >Well, when the video world-premiered on MTV's "Now Hear This" there was no
>  >laugh and I think we can safely assume that at least this one time the
>  >entire video would have been shown.
>
>      This is false. As a matter of fact, the first showing of _Now_Hear_
> _This_ that night _did_ cut off even the "Yeah!" part of the video. Not
> until a re-edited version of the same program was aired later in the
> night was the "Yeah!" restored. What this proves is that MTV cannot
> _possibly_ be counted on to respect Kate's work by playing it as it
> is given to them by her. On the contrary, MTV's (non-)policy has always
> been to cut off Kate's videos at any of a number of different points
> before their actual endings, and the butchering they did to _LaA_ on
> _Now_Hear_This_ is just the latest case in point.

Wait a second.  I recall a posting after somebody mentioned they had
seen the video (not on "Now Hear This") that you had not seen the
video and that any and all details were desperately wanted.  You didn't
post it but the author claimed to have talked to you on the phone about
it.  Am I looney or what?  And I just can't believe that MTV has NEVER
shown the complete video unless there are naked breasts involved.  Highly
ulikely.

>  >To declare that anything Kate does is
>  >perfect by definition is the true foolishness.
>
>      It's true: IED does declare such a thing. He does not
> expect you or your peers to agree with him. IED Knows. You
> do not. It's as simple as that.

More blasphemy.  Boy, it's a good thing Kate doesn't read this group.
She's be plenty pissed of at that.  I mean, has it occurred to you that
Kate Bush can't possibly think all her work is perfection.  Get a grip.
--
Michael Sullivan          uunet!jarthur.uucp!aqdata!sullivan
aQdata, Inc.