Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

>      IED has identified them already in Love-Hounds, but for the
> sake of latecomers and slackers he will repeat the information.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the back-handed favor.  gaffa was down for a while, eh?

> For the second time, Drukman, IED makes the following two points: first,
> you _don't_know_ that the laugh isn't part of Kate's video--you only know
> that U.S. TV-shows haven't let the video continue through the three seconds
> of dead air that would be necessary in order for us to _hear_ the
> laugh.

Well, when the video world-premiered on MTV's "Now Hear This" there was no
laugh and I think we can safely assume that at least this one time the
entire video would have been shown.

>      In regard to this idiotic trend among you and your ilk to criticize
> a work of art like _The_Sensual_World_ via factually vapid, musically
> ignorant and fundamentally boorish insults of both the music and those
> who are capable of appreciating it: go right ahead. You convince no one
> but yourselves. IED for one sees no hope of elucidating you and your
> fellow fickle cynics about the myriad facets of _TSW_'s perfection.
Oh puh-leeez!  _The Sensual World_ is a great album but it is not perfection.

BLASPHEMY ALERT!  BLASPHEMY ALERT!

	I don't think Kate has made a perfect album, yet.  Has anyone?

END OF ALERT

Aren't opinions wonderful!  The amount of worshipping in this group does
get to be a bit much.
--
Michael Sullivan          uunet!jarthur.uucp!aqdata!sullivan
aQdata, Inc.