Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thanks, Larry Spense

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 89 08:51:18 EST
Subject: Thanks, Larry Spense

Hello there Larry and other fellow Love-Hounds--

  After reading Larry's recent letter to IED, in which IED more or less
got flamed for flaming others, I'd like to say this:
  IED, I gotta agree with Larry on this one.  I mean, don't get me wrong,
you are certainly one of the most knowledgable Love-Hounds when it comes
to KT (and I know you have personally helped me with some needed info),
but PLEASE don't say that others are ignorant and wrong if they don't happen
to share your opinions.  As much as I love Kate's music, she ISN'T perfect...
she's just a very talented HUMAN BEING, not a goddess.  And I DO find most
of the discussions that go on in Love-Hounds to be interesting and all that...
but I get damn sick and tired of hearing people quibble endlessly by saying
"No, Kate means this in these lyrics" and "NO, shes means THIS..."  To tell
you the truth, I ain't gonna believe NOTHIN' about her lyrics one way or
the other until I hear the lady explain them herself.  Only SHE of ANYONE
will be able to explain "what she means here in these lyrics", and not any
of us.  All we are here to do is love Kate's music and her beauty and her
talent, and not to judge others.
  PLEASE try not to take this personally.  I just think we should find
other, more constructive ways of filling the Love-Hounds Digest.
  I've said m'piece...

                                   All the best...to EVERYONE,
                                            Deb Wentorf

P.S. Remember....December WILL be magic again.  Here's hoping all of YOU
     have a magical month.  :)