Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Videos?

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman)
Date: 5 Dec 89 14:24:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Videos?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

In article <1989Dec4.020317.8240@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> Eric France <franceee@clutx.clarkson.edu> writes:
>You know, I really wouldn't mind, if, in a shameless attempt to make
>money, EMI released all the 12" single material on 3.5" CDs.  Jon, is
>this the media they used for TWW, or did they put it on 5.25"?

both This WOmans Work and The Sensual World singles are on 5.25"
compact discs in slim-line jewel boxes.  The price of an import 5.25"
single is ridiculously high (although I'm told that it's even worse in
Boston, sorry |>oug, you turkey!).  For comparison's sake, an import
CD-3 is approx $7.20 or so plus tax, and a Cd-5 is $9.19 plus tax.
One can clearly see that the TWW and TSW singles cost me more than the
whole damn album did on CD.  And I bet there's gonna be at least one
more single... Sigh.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "Suck on this,                          |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |