Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate fallible?

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 89 18:10:12 EST
Subject: Kate fallible?
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

Kate is certainly fallible, but I think some people have forgotten one
of the things that Kate said recently in an interview (in the NME)
about Oppenheimer:

	"I wrote the song two years ago, and in lots of ways I
	wouldn't write a song like it now.  I'd really hate it if
	people were offended by this...But it was all started by a
	family friend, years ago, who'd been to dinner and sat next to
	this guy who was really fascinating, so charming.  They sat
	all night chatting and joking. And next day he found out it
	was Oppenheimer. And this friend was horrified because he
	really despised what the guy stood for.

	"I understood the reaction, but I felt a bit sorry for
	Oppenheimer. He tried to live with what he'd done, and
	actually, I think, committed suicide.

	"But I was so intrigued by this idea of my friend being so
	taken by this person until they knew who they were, and then
	it completely changing their attitude."

|>oug

"E is for ERNEST who choked on a peach"