Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ThanKsgiving MisK.

From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 89 10:44:36 EST
Subject: ThanKsgiving MisK.

Some interesting things from the Thanksgiving Break:

While perusing in the local mall (bleak), I found (through the assistance
of a friend) a guy selling posters who happened to be carrying the British
monster poster for the TSW single. Fifteen dollars later, I was one ceiling
poster richer (it looks rather stunning above my bed, not to mention dom-
inating my half of the room...my roomate is "bushwacked" in his words).

Some info on the b-side song "My Lagan Love." It is a traditional piece
that has been recorded many a time by a few Celtic performers. I finally
heard it by accident when waking up to a Celtic folk show on the college
station back home (WHRW in Binghamton, NY). It was weird hearing KaTe sing
in the Celtic style (it sounded quite different!), but still recognizable
(although in a foggy waking state it took a while). The DJ followed it up
with another rendition of the song. I was most pleased and proceeded to
fall back asleep.

Later that afternoon, another DJ played in its entirety, the "Celtic
Symphony" by Alan Stivell. Quite an interesting piece that fused classical
stylings and rock influences through a Celtic folk tradition. Most enjoy-
able to listen too (if you can find it!). It reminded me almost of Yes'
_Topographic_Oceans_ due to its spirituality and feel.

Oh, if anyone out there knows of other recordings of "My Lagan Love",
I'd appreciate a short note with the name of the performer and a rec-
ord label if possible. ThanKs.

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu