Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on VH-1 Dec. 12

From: "Robert M. Kelner" <KELNER@LL.LL.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 89 09:39:34 EST
Subject: Kate on VH-1 Dec. 12

  The other day I received a complimentary copy of some T.V. Guide clone
called Cable Guide.  Inside they had a section of highlights for the month.
On the page for Variety they had a picture of Kate (sitting on her legs. Black
sleeveless top and blue jeans.  A background pattern of orange & yellow.)
Underneath was the caption "VH-1 feels the pull of the Bush" and below it said
 KATE BUSH
"You may not know her, but Bush is a musical genius who weaves the stuff
 of myth, sex, and magic into marvelous songs with irresistible beats.
  VH-1, 12th. (Dec.)"

  They don't say the time and my Cable Guide doesn't either because I don't
get VH-1.
  The guy who wrote that must be a fan.  Since "pull of the bush" isn't a song
title but rather an obscure (although highly dramatic) line and clever pun, he
must be quite familiar with her work.  What's more, you wouldn't describe her
as a musical genius to people who've never heard of her unless you really
believed it.  Maybe the show will really be good.

  Now I just have to find someone with a recorder and VH-1.