Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Copyright info reply #1

From: fujiko@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (ICHIJOO HIKARU)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 89 01:22:35 -0800
Subject: Copyright info reply #1

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: copyright information

In article <8911150732.AA27044@ariel.unm.edu> lazlo@ARIEL.UNM.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>I think that the use of lyrics in a small APA mailing will fall safely
>within the bounds of "fair use".  Ultimately, you're not likely to get
>into any sort of *trouble* for the situation you describe . . . whether
>that makes the quoting *morally* okay is really for you to decide in
>your own head.  Lord knows I've used enough pieces of copyrighted
>material in my *own* APA contributions, without any quiver of remorse...

Morals, shmorals (8~})!  Seriously, I'm only concerned with the legal
ramifications--I can ill afford (monetarily and in terms of time spent)
a lengthy court battle, and I want to make sure that I'm not on shaky ground.
Thank you for your assistance.

"Looking for a moment that'll never happen
 Living in the gap between past and future"
		-Kate Bush, "Love and Anger"