Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Billboard_, Nov. 18

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 89 22:30:22 PST
Subject: _Billboard_, Nov. 18

The news from _Billboard_ (Nov. 18) is mixed this time.  I'll start
with the worst news, and end with the best.

The CD of the album has dropped from #16 to #18.

The album has gone up from #49 to #46.

The song "The Sensual World" entered the Japanese charts at #30.  (This
is actually from an ad, so I don't know how reliable it is.)

The album has entered the Canadian charts at #18 (I think. I know it's
between #15 and #20.)

The song "Love And Anger" has gone up on the Modern Rock Tracks chart
from #5 to #2.  It still has a bullet, while the song at #1 (Ian
McCullough's "Proud To Fall") no longer does.  So with a bit of luck
_L&A_ could be #1 next week.

The video for "Love And Anger" has been added at both MTV and VH-1.
I won't know in what rotation until next week.