Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: male / female songs

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 14:28:05 PST
Subject: Re: male / female songs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

In article <761275@mac.Dartmouth.EDU> Julian.West@MAC.DARTMOUTH.EDU writes:
>> songs such as "love & anger" and "never be mine",
>
>> tracks like "rocket's tail" or "the fog".
>
>Tracy, in what sense is "rocket's tail" _anything_like_
>"the fog"?  And how do they collectively differ from
>"love & anger"?  I just can't make sense of your
>attempt to break the album into male and female songs,
>because I can't see what foundation you are trying to
>base it on.

whooooooooa now, julian, calm yer horses.  i didn't attempt to
break the album into male/female tracks--i only meant to report
some local statistics i've observed here in my own teeny weeny
company.  perhaps i shouldn't have written "tracks LIKE..".
sheesh!  but i must say, i Am happy to see a lovehound so quick
to attack what he sees as suspect kate bushology.

it sure is fun to be back (thanks steve, for your
kind words).  right now i'm enjoying a taped interview with
kate, on bbc radio 1 with roger scott (oct. 14, 1989).  i must
say, it *is* nice hearing kate's melodious speaking voice again,
chatting about her own meanings behind the songs.  god, she
just sounds so Sweet!  soft and kind, yet powerful.  rare
combo.

stay tuned for details from sunil (re: doctor bush stories)...

-tracy,
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com
--
"let the storm wash our plates."             --a poet