Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Laugh

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 89 19:56:38 -0700
Subject: The Laugh

Reasons To Think The Laugh Is *Not* Part Of Love And Anger:

        * It's not part of L&A on the US CD of _TSW_.
        * It's not part of L&A on the US Promo-CD of L&A.
        * It's not part of L&A in the video.

Reasons To Think The Laugh *Is* Part Of Love And Anger:

        * Some dimwitted engineer at EMI tracked it that way on the
          British CD of _TSW_.
        * IED thinks it is.

Next Week: IED frantically searches for a CD player that can find the remix
        of Running Up That Hill on his West German copy of _HoL_; *his*
        player can't seem to find it, but EMI put it on the CD label so it
        obviously *must* be there!  After all, Kate personally checks each
        CD herself, by hand, before it leaves the factory . . .

Nonsnide Note: It's happened before; on Pet Shop Boys' last album, some
        random EMI engineer misplaced the track marks between Left To My
        Own Devices and I Want A Dog.

Back To The Snide: Does IED think the Beatles discs that ended up with
        Kate on them was some sort of secret Kateian tribute to John Lennon?

I'm going back to sleep.

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
After the summer holidays, I was so seduced by the call of the ocean
That I decided to shed my clothes . . . forever.
Living under clouds and surf
That seem like steam rising from a boiling cauldron.