Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 11:14:08 PST
Subject: MisK.

I was in Tower San Mateo yesterday.  The album has slipped from #1 to
#4, probably in part because they have completely sold out of the CD.
I mentioned to the clerk that they seemed to be sold out, and he said,
"Yeah, it's been doing really well for us."

Yesterday evening KITS played "Hounds Of Love."

There was a review of the album in the _San Francisco Bay Guardian_,
a free throwaway paper (the same one that has Steve Masters' Weekly
Picks).  Unfortunately, it's not too good, although the reviewer clearly
has liked some of Kate's past work.  The one line I remember most
is "Frankly, Kate Bush is only interesting when she's being weird.
Songs like 'Wuthering Heights', 'Babooshka', and 'Running Up That Hill'
were fascinating in part because they were not about her, or in fact
about anybody on this planet."

Also, in a British magazine (either _Smash Hits_ or _Number One_) there's
a caricature of the cover of "The Sensual World" single.  It's awful!

Oh well.  I hope everyone saw the great review from RAW I posted
yesterday.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | "Singer/songwriter Kate Bush:  The one singer
Dept. of Applied Science   |  on two continents who most deserves a wider
UC Davis/Livermore         |      audience"    -- _Saturday Review_
ed@das.llnl.gov            | (in special "Underrated/Overrated" issue)