Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(none)

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 11:29:05 -0600
Subject: (none)

Sharon Fisher writes:

	Well, after all the talk about it here, I finally bought The
	Sensual World.  Both the British import CD single and the CD
	album.  Interestingly, I found the album in a second-hand store
	already.  Guess not everyone loves it.

You betcha!  I was in my favorite local music store and lo and behold!
the second side of TSW begins to play over the store's system.  Deeper
Understanding, ...  And as I was paying for my purchase, I mention to
the guy behind the counter how they had chosen the right side to play
(since I like side 2 the best so far).  Terror!  Outrage!  The man
said, "Oh, I hate both sides.  That's all my wife plays and and every
time I hear it I hate it more."  Shock!  Indignation!  So I guess it
was the other guy behind the counter who put the music on.  But I have
never encountered so outright and vehement a Kate-hater.  (Although I
did know someone once who said he played frisbee with The Whole Story,
but that's a whole other story entirely...)