Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: to Re: Kate Bush + Voix Bulgaires

From: mpf0642@njitx.njit.edu
Date: 10 Nov 89 09:40:28 GMT
Subject: Re: to Re: Kate Bush + Voix Bulgaires
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dear friend,

     The way Kate Bush worked and used the already worldwide known
qualities and enchantments of Bulgarian Folk singing is foolish and
naive.
     Maybe you are the one who is not aware that the fabulous popular
songs of Bulgaria would be still forgotten if Ivo (4AD's owner), a
acclaimed producer, musician, etc, had not released some years ago
a work entitled "Les Mysteres des Voix Bulgaires" on his own independent
catalogue. Ivo is british, which makes him western. I guess...
     Since that first ever work on 4AD do you know how many compilations
on Bulgarian folk songs had been released even on major labels. Well, a
countless number.
     So, where's the originality ? I even don't think that originality is
an issue, but the way she took away the brightness of these singers and their
songs is. I could start telling you about marketing, but maybe some other time.

     Thanks for your reply.