Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jessica's 12" singles

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 89 12:06:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Jessica's 12" singles

Woj writes:

> Ummm...on the 12" that I have of "The Big Sky", the B side has "Not
> This Time" and a special single mix of "The Big Sky". Looking at it,
> I don't find any reference to the 12KB 4 that you mention, instead
> it is labelled V-19213.
>
> I'm guessing that this a later pressing since the inside sleeve is
> one of those annoying plastic sleeves that I normally throw out and
> replace with a real paper one.

Is this pressing Canadian?  I don't remember there being a US 12" for
"The Big Sky" but [V-xxxxx] is the standard EMI catalog-number format
for 12"ers on *this* side of the pond.  The US "Cloudbusting" is
V-19258, which would, in a more perfect world, imply that your "Big
Sky" 12" predates it . . . huh!

EMI: Get these mixes out on CD, you pathetic dweebs!  (Actually, if
"Be Kind To My Mistakes" really turns up on the next CD-single, I'll
stop whining for awhile.)

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"Mmmm-hmmmm...I LOVE technology!"