Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Nov. 11 _Cash Box_

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 89 20:25:27 PST
Subject: The Nov. 11 _Cash Box_

The Nov. 11 _Cash Box_ shows the album climbing to #49  --
exactly the same as _Billboard_.  It also shows it climbing to
#7 in the Alternative Music albums chart, though they STILL call
the album _Pop Singer_ there!!!!!

I haven't seen a review of the album in this magazine.  I might have
missed it.  But they did have a review of Laurie Anderson's new
album, and one line struck me.  The reviewer said that on this album she
sounded less like a second grade teacher, "and more like, say, Kate Bush."

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |     "Bush is an acquired taste worth
Dept. of Applied Science   |              cultivating."
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 -- _People_ magazine
ed@das.llnl.gov            |        (in review of _The Dreaming_)