Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Love and Anger"

From: duane@EBay.Sun.COM (Duane Day)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 89 10:10:25 PST
Subject: "Love and Anger"

To those who are proclaiming that "Love and Anger" is merely "Big Sky II,"
you are heartily encouraged to listen more closely.  Yes, the "outs" are very
similar, and the overall rhythm of the two songs are similar, but "Love and
Anger" is more fully developed, both melodically and harmonically.  To these
ears, it's one of the album's masterpieces (along with the title track, "The
Fog," and "Rocket's Tail.")

I'll bet most of us have a (relatively) new answer to the question, "what's
your favorite album on which David Gilmour appears?"  I know I do.

************************ |UUCP: {hplabs,decwrl,<others>}!sun!thismoment!duane
  but one of the choices | COM: duane%thismoment@sun.com
turns existence into art |ARPA: duane@sun.arpa
************************ |USPS: 2550 Garcia Ave. M/S M3-76, Mtn. View CA 94042