Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

'Love and Anger' video

From: turney@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 89 16:42:31 -0500
Subject: 'Love and Anger' video

I was one of those lucky enough to catch the new video on Empty-V last
Thursday night (well, actually Friday morning by then).  Victor O'Rear
has given an initial description which is a more or less accurate
sketch.  I'd point out, however, that 'staff' and 'sceptar' (sic, should
be 'scepter' or 'sceptre') refer to the same object.  The second object
is I believe correctly referred to as an 'orb' -- a spherical object
surmounted by a cross.  KaTe stands still for most of the time she is
holding these objects, while dancers appear in the background.  Towards
the end, she's relieved of them and joins the band.

This is the first of KaTe's videos I've seen and strikes me as rather
bland in relation to my expectations from descriptions of previous
vids.  I've already received condolences from IED, who thinks the
format may have been dictated/restricted by CBS (hope I am not
misinterpreting him).  I'm looking forward to someday seeing the
rest of the bunch.

Jenn
________
  |  |	   turney@svax.cs.cornell.edu  |  And the final event to himself has
| |  |	   Dept. of Computer Science   |  been that as he rose like a rocket,
\_|  |	   Cornell University	       |  he fell like a stick.  - Thomas Paine