Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Novercia

From: Pete Hartman <bucc2!pwh@bradley.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 89 23:15:03 -0600
Subject: Novercia

I hate to bust the Veronica bubble, but I think that's really an
unlikely anagram.  I don't know where the word comes from, but I've
got an album by Renaissance that is titled _Novercia_ with a picture
of a nun on the front.  I also seem to have associations with the
religious orders from my high school conversion to Catholicism, and
seem to recall the novercia being associated with a convent in some
fasion.

I doubt that it could be a Bush family in-joke.