Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

News, Nov. 2

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 89 22:40:06 PST
Subject: News, Nov. 2

The album has moved up from #3 to #1 at Tower San Mateo.  "By what
margin is it the number one album?" I hear you asking.  Well, in this
case I can answer because in this store you can see how many of the
best-selling albums were sold, if you know where to look.

So _TSW_ sold 74 units in the last week at this store, eight more than
#2 (Janet Jackson's _Rythym Nation 1814_).  That's quite a large jump
from one position to the next; the only one bigger was a 13 unit jump
from position #5 to #4.

So we can say that at this store, _TSW_ is #1 by a relatively large
margin.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |     "Bush is an acquired taste worth
Dept. of Applied Science   |              cultivating."
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 -- _People_ magazine
ed@das.llnl.gov            |        (in review of _The Dreaming_)