Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket's Tail

From: <GREINER%UCLASTRO.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 89 14:10 PST
Subject: Rocket's Tail

> [Richard Caldwell on "Rocket's Tail":] Could it be about Kate's
> feelings about her own fame?  Once every three years or so she
> launches herself into the public view once again.  Fame can be so
> wonderful but at the same time it can be a very lonely thing.

#From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
#This seems to me like an excellent interpretation.  Similarly, I've

Although the following probably doesn't have much of anything to do with
the song in question, reading the above reminded me of it, and it seemed
to me to be a fun coincidence.
Someone may have already posted this section of the interview (my term.
has been down for a while) but just in case...

I ran into an October 1982 interview with Richard cook in which they were
dicussing the difference between writing songs for singles and writing
them for albums.  KT was saying that she always though of herself as
more of an "albums artist" to which Mr. Cook replied

C: You have no regard for the instantaneous qualities of the single? A
   rocket going up, brilliant for a moment?
KT: Each album is like a rocket. I build it up as much as I can and see
    how high it goes...

As I said, this probably has nothing at all to do with Rocket's Tail, but
then again...