Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:

From: "Daniel S. Efran" <de0t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 89 17:05:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re:

Did Hitler actually go dancing around that time?  Ever?  As boldly as
the guy in the song (games of chance and such)?
I'm not much of a historian, but I got the impression that he wasn't the type.
The "seducing Germany" hypothesis sounds pretty good.  The year makes me
think it actually refers to Hitler, but I doubt it actually refers to a
girl dancing with him and not recognizing him.  More like people
listening to him and being "seduced" by his ideas, and later (after the
war) realizing "who" he really was.
I don't see how it has anything to do with recent mass murderers--it
just doesn't have that kind of feeling to me, and it doesn't have a
resolution that makes any sense.  Dancing with a murderer and realizing
it the next day doesn't make a very Kate song without something more
interesting happening.  With Hitler it sounds more like the kind of
thing She likes to do.

			---The "Dan Efran" Sphere