Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The album's cover + Melody Maker

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
Date: 2 Nov 89 05:30:35 GMT
Subject: Re: The album's cover + Melody Maker
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In some article or another,
Jon (Mr. Irreverent-but-Obviously-Infatuated) Drukman quotes and then writes:

>>heard of her).  What do they know anyway. :-)   I notice only a cold
>>sterness.  The photograph is interesting, however.  The sleepy-eyed
>>chubby Kate (circa _The_Dreaming_) I think of as "sensual."  My opinion!
>
>I agree.  A strangely un-sensual cover photo for an album called The
>Sensual World.

I prefer the TSW CD-single photo myself, but I still don't see what everyone
so far has claimed to see in the album cover photo.  Kate's eyes overwhelm,
of course, but with a child-like look of wonder/innocence, in definite
contrast to the content of the songs themselves.

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve
Tandem Computers                (512)-244-8252