Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT say...

From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 89 16:22:57 -0800
Subject: KT say...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Was I only dreaming, or did Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> actually say:

>The tidal wave of KTMania is slowly seizing America.  You're gonna be
>seeing huge oversize white shirts with black lettering proclaiming "KT
>SAY: STEP OUT" or "KT SAY: GET SENSUAL" before long.

I can hardly wait.  Howzabout "KT SAY: GO DEEP SOUTH"?

Here's an off-the-wall thought that I had while listening to the ending
of "Deeper Understanding":  suppose that "I hate to leave you" is spoken
by KT as she resumes a "normal" life, that doesn't include her computer
friend.  Perhaps it's a romance that has taken her attention away.
As I was contemplating this, "Between a Man and a Woman" started, and
suddenly I began to imagine that the song is sung to the computer, now
jealously trying to interfere with the romance that has taken KT from it.

Before y'all tear me apart on this, let me say that I don't think there's
anything in "Between..." that supports this interpretation; I just found
it an interesting idea.

-- Stewart
--
"I'm just a symptom of the moral decay that's
 gnawing out the heart of the country."