Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the seKreT world, followup

From: donley@blake.acs.washington.edu (E. Donley Olson)
Date: 1 Nov 89 01:57:45 GMT
Subject: the seKreT world, followup
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Some comments on the observations spurred by IED:

1) Deeper Understanding, Male Chorus --- sounds like it's just a Fairlight
   line.  Didn't she say she did all the choruses with Fairlight lines first?
   Words at end -- I get "I hate to leave you" a few times, and then "I hate
   to LOSE you" at the end.. One of the lines is too low to hear, and all I
   get is "I h------------ou"...  Anyone else get other variations?

2) Between A Man and a Woman -- Yeah!  There is another vocal line in there!
   On headphones you can hear it panning back and forth from left to right,
   during the louder parts of the song.  Whether or not they are actually
   words though... Well, given her previous tricks, I'd guess there might
   be a message in there.

3) Has anyone considered what the Trio is actually singing?  Ie:  is the
   bulgrarian relevant to the song, or is it non-sequitors like "Ha Ha...
   We're singing something you don't know... Ha Ha" could be a possibl
   line in _Rocket's Tail_ at about 3:00 into it... :-)
   (I still get reminded of the chorus of "Paperback Writer" whenever
   I hear that part of _Never Be Mine_ when the Trio first sings).

Neat!
  - Eo