Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KTidbits, Vol. II

From: Francis Stanley Cwiklik <fc0h+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 89 21:05:51 -0500 (EST)
Subject: KTidbits, Vol. II

Peter Berger (hi Peter!) writes---

>Just a quick note to everyone to let you know that the Sensual World
>is sold out in CD format (and running low in others) in at least 3
>record stores in Pittsburgh.  Obviously, a land of taste and
>distinction.

You're kidding!!  I haven't been able to get out of this campus (CMU)
much, so, I haven't been able to learn much about this, but, I'll take
your encouraging word for it!  I am really beginning to believe that
this album may well blow the lid off of everything!

Mark Nagel writes---

>When I was finished, I got into my car, KROQ was just finishing
>"Love and Anger."  The DJ, obviously an escapee from some
>institution or other, came on afterward and said simply, "Isn't she
>wieeeerd?"

God, I hate top-40 radio, and this is the reason why.  It discourages,
without the slightest subtlety or tact, any form of music that steps out
of the norm, and when such unusual music becomes unexpectedly popular,
it waters it down and rapes it until it bears no resemblance to its
former self (eg. U2, REM, and Prince (almost)).

As for this particular DJ-- well, we'll not get into that, suffice it to
say that I hope he chokes to death on his Wheaties.  :-)

			---frank

"Hey, hey now...  don't be mean.  We can't be mean,
because, you know, wherever you go...  there you are."
	---Buckaroo Banzai

DISCLAIMER:  None of the sentiments expressed in this
posting are anybody's, least of all mine.