Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why moderated?

From: Jimmy Liberato <amdahl!drivax!liberato@ames.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 18:30:05 PDT
Subject: Re: Why moderated?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In rec.music.gaffa you write:

>Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>

>The reason why the newsgroup is moderated is because it is really the
>Love-Hounds mailing list which is gatewayed to Usenet as
>"rec.music.gaffa".  It is the mailing list which is the primary form.

Does this mean that if I post to rec.music.gaffa that many will not
receive the article?  Should I mail to Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
instead.  I notice that there are about 5% unmoderated postings received
at my site.  They are distinguished by a person's name as sender rather
than Love-Hounds.  I'm sorry if this is an often repeated question, I
have been reading gaffa for several months but have not seen any posted
instructions.  Could you publicly clarify the best procedure.

Thanks!

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato
     "My life is conventional and uneventful.  It allows me to think with