Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wow! You people are fantastic!

From: John Precedo <jp@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: 27 Oct 89 11:36:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Wow! You people are fantastic!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <8910262035.AA14871@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
*Really-From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
* And is it too much to wish for some hitherto-silent
*but excellent English Love-Hound to scout out, transcribe and post
*a copy of the new KT interview expected to appear in Woolworth's
*throwaway magazine "Tracks", and the heavy-metal publication called
*"R.A.W."?
    ^

OK, I'll bite! Unless anyone else really HAS to do it, I'll transcribe it -
but it might take a while! I'd probably buy that magazine anyway...

*--there's just too much of it to handle! There are now more
*than 9,000 lines of junk to plow through--

Junk? JUNK! HAH!

*     A MAJOR REMINDER TO ALL INTERESTED LOVE-HOUNDS:
* The huge _TSW_ poster is still available: a "subway"-size poster
*(approximately 40 x 60 inches), made in the UK on nice, heavy paper.
*The poster is an "official" product from EMI, not a bootleg. It
*is the same poster that one Love-Hound (Jamie?) described seeing on
*an Edinburgh hoarding last week: there is no writing of any kind
*on the poster, only a huge blow-up, in black-and-white, of the
*photograph by John Carder Bush of Kate featured on the cover of her
*new UK single _The_Sensual_World_. In the photo Kate is seen in three-
*quarter perspective with her hands out in front of her, and with
*sand (or dust) slipping through her fingers. The ink is black, not
*the sepia-black "duo-tone" color used by John Carder Bush for the
*single itself, but IED has been assured that the print is first-
*rate and the darks are very rich in the poster.

Does anyone know where I can buy this in England, or more specifically,
London? I've tried all the poster-selling shops that I know (HMV, Athena,
Tower, other small shops), and they ALL have posters of Bros and Kylie
(ack, gag, barf), but NONE of them have any of KaTe AT ALL!!

--John

John Precedo, Imperial College,Huxley Building,180 Queens Gate,London SW7 2BZ
Reaching out for a Star/Reaching out for a Star that explodes  (KaTe Bush '89)