Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: what are we here for?

From: scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich)
Date: 27 Oct 89 14:57:14 GMT
Subject: Re: what are we here for?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.odu.edu

   Someone asked for a transcript of the poetry from "Jig of Life" (?)
   -- you know, "we are of water and the holy land of water", that stuff --
   but asked that it _not_be_posted_ to conserve bandwidth. I want to object
   that requests like this should be denied. This is exactly the sort of thing
   to which love-hounds _should_ be devoted, let it eat bandwidth. Far better
   to try to remove some of the randomness and n-th generation back-and-forth
   comments instead. The only reason _not_ to post lyric transcripts like this
   is that it has been posted several times before. But so what? We know that
   at least _one_ person hasn't seen it before, and there are probably plenty
   of others out there who haven't either. Besides, someone probably has it
   online already, it won't take any time to pull out and mail off.

I agree.
I have it online.
I would have posted it... but not sent it privately....
I also pull almost everything I can from news.
I have unlimited storage space and text files are universal....

My current, original, text directory has some 900+ files in it.
(emacs * or dired, you tell me!)

I also have the lyrics to over 1200 songs from various postings!

 Scott D. Yelich                                 scott@cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]
 After he pushed me off the cliff, he asked me, as I fell, ``Why'd you jump?''