Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: atexnet!kjl@uunet.UU.NET (Ken Lebowitz)
Date: 26 Oct 89 12:47:19 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: minotaur.atexnet.UUCP

From: kjl@atexnet.UUCP (Ken Lebowitz)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: NPR Review...
Date: 26 Oct 89 12:47:18 GMT
Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.50.1 of Thu Jul 21 1988 on mars (berkeley-unix)

Last night (October 25) at about 1826 EDT I heard a review of TSW on
National Public Radio's "All Things's Considered".  They had some guy
from "Rolling Stone" (sorry, didn't catch his name) talking about the
album but mostly talking about Kate Bush.  The comment I enjoyed most
was uttered when they were discussing Kate's lack of mass appeal here
in the U.S.  This guy said that she made heavy use of Irish folk
instruments/tunes which just couldn't be fathomed by Americans.  He
ended by saying, "if Madonna is the 'material girl' then Kate Bush
must be the 'ethereal girl'.

- kjl