Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: non KB talk

From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 89 12:50:15 EDT
Subject: Re: non KB talk

> Really-From: donley@blake.acs.washington.edu (Erik Olson)
>
> I was in Tower a couple of days ago, and showing some friends who had been
> on Mars for the last 2 months some of what's new to blow big bucks on;
> TSW, new Jane Siberry, new 10,000 maniacs, new Camper Van Beethoven,
> new Art of Noise, noting new Laurie Anderson and new Roches soon (?)
> I found no new Marillion, except that their double-live thing is now available
> as a domestic release (for $20, even!)  Do tell about this release if you
> have info about it!  I had heard that Fish (Derek Dick) was coming out with
> a solo release soon, but I haven't the faintest idea when.  Sheez, more ways
> to spend my rapidly-diminishing funds.

Actually, _La_Gadra_Lazza_ ("The Theiving Magpie") has been out on CD
since about last April. If you do buy it , purchase the CD for it in-
cludes a full-length version of Misplaced Childhood (I didn't know
that they could do the whole thing live, but I guess they did..).
It really isn't anything new - no major changes in any of the songs,
but it is an impressive collection and the playing was excellent on
all tracks.

As for Fish (his name was revealed after leaving the band), last time
I heard, there were rumors of him singing for the current Yes (as op-
possed to ABWH), but I haven't heard that repeated since last May,
so it probably was just a big rumor to scare people.

Solo album? No news.

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu