Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: koeppel@porthos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 13 Oct 89 18:09:46 GMT
Subject: Re: (none)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

All this talk of how we first reacted to The Dreaming...

I first heard Hounds of Love, and indeed I loved it.  The guys who
played it for me insisted it was the only worthwhile music Kate had
done and I shoudln't bother trying to get any other albums, 'cause
after Hounds of Love she had tried to get too "top-40-ish". Now, I
have always hated top-40, and refused to listen to it, and was
horrified that someone who could have produced Hounds of Love could
have gone one to create top-40 music.. so for ages I didn't hear any
other Kate. (and don't be _too_ mad at those guys for what they said...
at least they got me into Kate in the first place, and who knows what
life might have been like without her! ) but eventually, I decided on
my own, that they must've been wrong... after listening to HoL enough,
I just _knew_ that Kate had to have made other good music and I _had_
to know... and then by some strange peice of fate, my sister, who has
never even liked Kate, (I think mostly because _I_ do! ) bought me
The Kick Inside, The Dreaming, and Never for Ever... all at once for
Christmas.... and I was just blown away by it all... but at the time,
my favorite of them all was The Dreaming... the one I taped first, and
the one I listened to the most was The Dreaming... I think it is by
far the weirdest of Kate's albums... but each of them is very
different.. all of them good! (but of course, we all already know that!)

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell my first impressions of Kate, and of
The Dreaming, since so many people have brought it up lately.

(still anxiously awaiting the new album)

		 	jessica