Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 89 17:39:25 PDT

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: time for a poll...
Date: 24 Oct 89 00:39:25 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: "Peter Freeman" <peterf@oddjob.uchicago.edu>
>
>I would like to see how the perception of _The_Sensual_World_ changes
>over time, and consequently I would like to take a poll now, and perhaps
>in six months or a year (if I don't completely forget :-).
>
>The poll: send me your ranking of KT's six albums (not including _The_Whole_
>Story_).  If you haven't heard all six, don't vote (that should cut my
>work down).

Sorry.  I refuse to make a ranking like this, for two reasons:

1)  My ranking of the albums changes on a daily, if not hourly,
basis, as I listen to them.  When I'm not listening to _Lionheart_,
for example, I tend to rate it kind of low.  (Sorry, Larry!)
Yet, when I am listening to it, I realize that it's full of
all these great songs: "Wow", "Don't Push. . .", "Oh England. . .",
"Kashka. . .", "Hammer Horror", etc.  How could I call this album
anything other than brilliant?
    Each album has wonderful songs.  What more could I want?

2)  I don't want to offend people whose ranking order is different
from mine.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |"The Amazing Kate has finally shown that her
Dept. of Applied Science   |cult knew what it was talking about all along."
UC Davis/Livermore         |   -- Terry Atkinson, _L.A. Times_
ed@das.llnl.gov            | (in review of _Hounds Of Love_)