Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The album's cover

From: drivax!liberato@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jimmy Liberato)
Date: 23 Oct 89 20:02:56 GMT
Subject: Re: The album's cover
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

>Of less importance, every time I look at the cover I get the feeling
>that someone who didn't like Kate stuffed a flower in her mouth
>in order to shut her up!

Everyone to whom I've shown the cover comments on the "psychotic stare"
(or words to those effect).  It certainly is cold.  I am one who bought
_HOL_ sound unheard (and artist unknown) based strictly on the cover
photos (and the intriguing Tennyson quote).  I do that once in a while
and usually am not dissapointed.  Yes, I'm sure the photo has great
aesthetic merit but it doesn't seem to fit the title of the album.  Well,
actually it does seem to fit someone who would be inclined to launch herself
from Waterloo bridge. :-)

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato